Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Choosing to not compromise in my walk...



I know that I am making a difficult choice. I have made this choice daily since becoming a single mother. It has been almost fifteen years now and things have not become any easier. The thing is, God does not promise us that choosing to live completely 100% without compromise for him will be easy. He does however promise to be with us and to help us along the way. In my choice not to compromise, I have been rejected by many who claimed to have cared for me or have even claimed to have loved me. This can be a lonely road to walk on, but I don't regret it. Sometimes I get frustrated with my feelings because I want to be with someone. I want to be loved, held and all of the things that we all dream of. But I will not compromise! The Word of God tells us that we are not to be unequally yoked, we should save sex for marriage and so much more. So many times I have been laughed at and rejected because I will not cross those lines for anyone, including myself. Sometimes I ask myself "Is all of the struggle and lonely nights worth the wait?"...YES!!! I know that somewhere God has a man who shares the same values and principles that I do and when the time is right, we will meet.




Please be patient. I know how you may be feeling as you wait on God. Somedays it feels as if his promises will never be fulfilled in your life. But remember, God does not lie. If he told you that he has spouse for you, it will take place. Trust him and cry out to him during the times of struggle. Remember, I am praying for you as I wait...it helps to get my mind off of my loneliness to pray for you. God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment