Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A loving reminder

We were having missionaries visit our church a couple of weeks ago. I was excited to hear what they had to say...I have a heart for missions work and would love to leave it all and go, but that is another story! Any way much to my surprise when I arrived at church one of the women brought them over to introduce me and I knew them! I met them 12 years ago when I went on a short term mission trip to Mexico. I was excited to see them and hear about what God is doing in them and through them. Much to my surpise "Mrs. Missionary" said to me that God had place me on her heart to be praying for me. I have not seen or spoken to this couple in 12 years and yet God had this woman praying for me! I was humbled and shocked at God's loving reminder that what I am going throug is important enough for him to have someone I hadn't seen or spoken and someone who lives in another time zone to be praying for me!

We need to remember that what God says in Isaiah 49:15 (Isaias 49:15) is true: "Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion onthe child she has born? Though she may forget, I will not forget you." God has not forgotten me. He is not too busy to remember what he promised me. I am not too small and insignificant for him to care about what I am going through.

Please remember brother/sister that God will not and has not forgotten you and what you are going through. (Hebrews 13:5/Hebreos 13:5)

No comments:

Post a Comment